Cells may be observed under the microscope, using several different techniques which include optical microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, correlative light-electron microscopy, and confocal microscopy. The other methods to study cells are as follows: Cell culture, immunohistochemistry, Computational genomics, DNA microarrays, In situ hybridization, PCR, Transfection etc.
- Transmission electron microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Correlative light-electron microscopy
- Polymerase chain reaction and In situ hybridization
- Cell purification methods